Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dear Eddie...

Dear Eddie,


how do i even begin to tell you what an incredible man you have become...what an incredible man you are? there's really no way in the world i could ever EVER put pen to paper (or words to screen!) as you have done so eloquently for me. But...honey...i want to tell you just what a force you are in my world!! you give me the lead to follow...you set the example...you inspire me to be more like you in my walk and in my faith...you allow me to be the woman God made me. you love me unconditionally...which i do NOT make easy for you! you are considerate and kind and trustworthy and easy to respect. when God brought us together (in a dance club of all places!) He knew that we would be where we are today...He knew that we would have the turbulent times...the smooth times...the lean times...and the just plain good times...He knew that we would reach this place that we've come to...of just loving Him most...and then allowing Him to bring us into a wonderful marriage! it took me so long to understand that i could not love you until i understood God's love for me! You know me...and you love me anyway! That's what makes you this incredible husband! i would love you if you weren't like you are now...but God makes it SO EASY to love you. your dependence on Him is SO refreshing and inspiring. you are a man's man...but have a tender heart. you are NOT some weak pushover or "wimpy"...you are very strong mentally...and physically. you know what is right...and you stick to it. that is so attractive and to me and it is one of your best qualities! A man of his word...and a man that loves his family...and a very fine looking man...what more could a girl ask for?!



1 Corinthians 13:4-13 says



4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.





this is a picture of you!! patient...the man that can wait on me to get home from work an hour late every day! kind...the man that will make sure that a frog, a dog, a cat, 5 butterflies, a rabbit, 3 baby girls, and 1 tired wife knows that he is here to take care of them and that he loves them! does not envy...you want for me what God wants for me...and whatever that may be you are my biggest cheerleader! is not arrogant...you do not have an arrogant bone in your body...your humble but confident spirit is one of the things i treasure most in you!! is not rude...you have such a way with words...and you have learned how to get a difficult point across to me with so much love a kindness! does not insist on its own way...you let me be me...constantly! is not irritable or resentful...you leave things where they are, and do not trudge up old issues that hurt you in the past. You hate wrong...and love the truth...it is so evident in the way you teach your girls...and how you treat them...and what you are passionate about. you have believed in me...and taken on many things on my behalf...you have never lost hope in me or us...and because of this pure love of yours...we have endured. we have grown up together...and as we have grown...this love has matured into a decision, not a feeling. But today...i know you love me...and...i can FEEL it too!





how many times have i read this passage in 1 Corinthians? Hundreds. But, today...i can sit and read this in my bible and see a perfect picture of you...my sweet husband. You are a true picture of biblical love...a picture of what God intends our men (and husbands) to be. It is not a weak man that loves Jesus like this and loves his family like this...its is a strong man...and man of character...a man that is not afraid of what the 'world' thinks of him. A man that knows his role and his place ...and that is at the head of his home...and at the feet of Jesus.



Reading in 1 Corinthians about love... and what love looks like...the decision to love...with this biblical agape love is a HUGE decision...one that is a lifetime commitment...and is a sacrifice...but looking at you...today...18 years since the first time i laid eyes on you...its the best, and easiest decision i could have ever made...i thank God that He allowed me to meet and marry and have children with a man like you.



the man you are every day...helps me to know that i know that you love me...and the man that you are every day makes me feel that love...and that is so beautiful...and that is my life with you...biblically beautiful.







Happy Anniversary & Valentine's Day! i love you and i would do it all over in a second!!



Nicki

Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment